+33 1 69 08 73 41/55 29
Research director, head of Quantronics
Mesoscopic physics, mesoscopic superconductivity
Quantum transport, dynamical Coulomb blockade, Coulomb blockade in tunnel junction circuits, single electron devices, single Cooper pair electronics, Josephson junctions and Josephson effects, atomic-size contacts, Andreev bound states.
Quantum electrical circuits, quantum information processing with superconducting circuits
superconducting quantum bits, superconducting quantum processors,
Hybrid circuits for quantum information processing, quantum physics with electrical circuits
quantum optics with microwave photons in Josephson junction circuits
Born on February 2nd , 1954 in Montpellier (France).
Married, two children, two grand-children
Service de Physique de l’Etat Condensé
91191 GIF-SUR-YVETTE, FRANCE
Tel : +33 (0)1 69 08 55 29
Head of Quantronics
2011: elected member of the Academia Europaea
2005: elected member of the Académie des Sciences
2005: founding member of the European Research Council (ERC) , elected vice-chair of the ERC council, ERC vice-president (2006-2011).
2001: Research Director at CEA.
1998: elected corresponding member of the Académie des Sciences
The aim of Quantronics is to design, fabricate and operate electrical circuits that behave quantum mechanically.
1982: permanent position in the "Service de Physique du Solide et de Résonance Magnétique"
1977-1982 : PhD studies
1973-1977: Undergraduate studies at Ecole Normale Supérieure de St Cloud, Agrégation de Physique
Supervision and collaborations:
I have co-supervised the research of 20 PhD students, and about the same number of post-doctoral visitors. I have established collaborations with Prof. John Clarke (Berkeley U.), Prof. H. Grabert (Freiburg U.), Prof. J. Ankerhold (Ulm U.), Prof. H. Mooij (T.U. Delft), Prof. J. van Ruitenbeek (Leyden U.), Prof. N.O. Birge (Michigan U.), Dr. Gennady Mikhailov (Chernogolovka), and Prof. Levy-Yeyati (Madrid U.).
Germain prize, Collège de France.
Ampère prize of Académie des Sciences 1991, with M. Devoret.
Agilent Europhysics prize 2004, with J.E. Mooij, Y. Nakamura and M. Devoret.
Author or co-author of 250 scientific publications (ISI) including 10 book chapters.
7800 citations (ISI) , h index : 48.
- Strong Coupling of a Spin Ensemble to a Superconducting Resonator Y. Kubo, F. R. Ong, P. Bertet, D. Vion, V. Jacques, D. Zheng, A. Dréau, J.-F. Roch, A. Auffeves, F. Jelezko, J. Wrachtrup, M.F. Barthe, P. Bergonzo, D. Esteve, Phys. Rev. Lett. 105, 140502 (2010) (see also Viewpoint in Physics: Towards superconductor-spin ensemble hybrid quantum systems
- Experimental violation of a Bell's inequality in time with weak measurement A. Palacios-Laloy, F. Mallet, F. Nguyen, P. Bertet, D. Vion, D. Esteve and A. Korotkov, Nature Phys. 6, 442 (2010)
- Hybrid Quantum Circuit with a Superconducting Qubit Coupled to a Spin Ensemble Y. Kubo, C. Grezes, A. Dewes, T. Umeda, J. Isoya, H. Sumiya, N. Morishita, H. Abe, S. Onoda, T. Ohshima, V. Jacques, A. Dréau, J.-F. Roch, I. Diniz, A. Auffeves, D. Vion, D. Esteve, and P. Bertet, Phys. Rev. Lett. 107, 220501 (2011)
- Circuit QED with a Nonlinear Resonator: ac-Stark Shift and Dephasing F. R. Ong, M. Boissonneault, F. Mallet, A. Palacios-Laloy, A. Dewes, A. C. Doherty, A. Blais, P. Bertet, D. Vion, and D. Esteve, Phys. Rev. Lett. 106, 167002 (2011).
- Quantum speeding-up of computation demonstrated in a superconducting two-qubit processor A. Dewes, R. Lauro, F. R. Ong, V. Schmitt, P. Milman, P. Bertet, D. Vion and D. Esteve. Phys. Rev. B 85, 140503(R) (2012) arxiv:1110.5170
-Characterization of a two-transmon processor with individual single-shot qubit readout A. Dewes, F. R. Ong, V. Schmitt, R. Lauro, N. Boulant, P. Bertet, D. Vion and D. Esteve. Phys. Rev. Lett. 108, 057002 (2012) arXiv:1109.6735
- Electron spin resonance detected by a superconducting qubit Y. Kubo, I. Diniz, C. Grezes, T. Umeda, J. Isoya, H. Sumiya, T. Yamamoto, H. Abe, S. Onoda, T. Ohshima, V. Jacques, A. Dréau, J.-F. Roch, A. Auffeves, D. Vion, D. Esteve, and P. Bertet, Phys. Rev. B 86, 064514 (2012) arXiv:1207.1139
- Quantum Heating of a Nonlinear Resonator Probed by a Superconducting Qubit, F. R. Ong, M. Boissonneault, F. Mallet, A. C. Doherty, A. Blais, D. Vion, D. Esteve, and P. Bertet, Phys. Rev. Lett. 110 047001 (2013)
- Exciting Andreev pairs in a superconducting atomic contact, L. Bretheau, Ç. Girit, H. Pothier, D. Esteve, C. Urbina, Nature 499, 312 (2013). Supplementary material HERE.
Mesoscopic physics, Coulomb blockade, single electron devices, quantum computing
2013: mesoscopic superconductivity (Cargese 13 school)
Mesoscopic physics, Nanosciences M2 master, PSud University
Past editor of Images de la Physique, past divisional associate editor of Physical Review Letters.
Co-organisor of workshops and schools (co-director of the 2003 Les Houches summer school "Quantum entanglement and information processing")