The researches of the DRECAM are based both on physical and chemical experimentation and on significant theoretical developments. These developments and the comparison with the experiment allow the understanding of the phenomena and the model validation and support lot of research works.
The theoretical activities are developed in the following areas :
- theoretical chemistry (ab-initio calculations, molecular dynamics, relativistic effects in the f-elements)
- physics of the irradiation (defect formation, energy transfer, ...)
- physics of plasmas (high electronic density, ultra high laser energy)
- solid state and mesoscopic physics
- statistical and non-linear physics (chaos, non-linear processes, disordered matter, ...)
- physical chemistry (aggregates, soft matter, solutions, ...)
- reaction dynamics.