- CEA researcher since January 2016
- 2014-2016 Postdoctoral associate, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge, USA
- 2010-2013 PhD, University of Nantes, FRANCE and INRS University, Montreal, CANADA
- 2009-2010 Master 2 New and Renewable Energies, University of Nantes, FRANCE
AWARDS & DISTINCTIONS
- Technological Innovation award and special award of the jury at the Energia Challenge, Quebec Association for the Control of Energy (AQME), 2015
- Best thesis in cotutelle between France and Quebec 2014, Consulat of France in Quebec, 2014
- “Student-researcher star” Award, Quebec’s research funding, 2013
- Participation to the Lindau Nobel Laureates Meeting 2013 on chemistry
- Best poster award, 3rd German-French Summer School on Electrochemistry&Nanotechnologies, 2011
17. Reactivity with Water and Bulk Ruthenium Redox of Lithium Ruthenate in Basic Solutions, R. R. Rao, M. Tułodziecki, B. Han, M. Risch, A. Abakumov, Y. Yu, P. Karayaylali, M. Gauthier, M. Escudero‐Escribano, Y. Orikasa, Y. Shao‐Horn, Adv. Funct. Mater., https://doi.org/10.1002/adfm.202002249.
15. Revealing Electronic Signature of Lattice Oxygen Redox in Lithium Ruthenates and Implications for High-Energy Li-ion Battery Material Designs.
Y. Yu, P. Karayaylali, S. H. Nowak, L. Giordano, M. Gauthier, W. Hong, R. Kou, Q. Li, J. Vinson, T. Kroll, D. Sokaras, C-J. Sun, N. Charles, F. Maglia, R. Jung, Y. Shao-Horn, Chem. Mater., 31, 7864–7876 (2019)
14. Unexpected Behavior of the InSb Alloy in Mg-Ion Batteries: Unlocking the Reversibility of Sb.
13. Coupled LiPF6 decomposition and carbonate dehydrogenation enhanced by highly covalent metal oxides in high-energy Li-ion batteries.
Y. Yu, P. Karayaylali, Y. Katayama, L. Giodano, M. Gauthier, F. Maglia, R. Jung, I. Lund, Y. Shao-Horn, J. Phys. Chem. C, 122, 27368-27382 (2018)
12. Operando analysis of lithium profiles in Li-ion batteries using nuclear microanalysis.
S. Surblé, C. Paireau, J.-F. Martin, V. Tarnopolskiy, M. Gauthier, H. Khodja, L. Daniel, S. Patoux, J. Power Sources, 393, 37-42 (2018)
11. Probing surface chemistry changes using LiCoO2-only electrodes in Li-Ion batteries.
M. Gauthier, P. Karayaylali, L. Giordano, S. Feng, S. F. Lux, F. Maglia, P. Lamp and Y. Shao-Horn, J .Electrochem. Soc., 7, 165, A1377-A1387 (2018)
10. One-Electron Mechanism in a Gel–Polymer Electrolyte Li–O2 Battery.
9. Evaluation and stability of PEDOT polymer electrodes for Li–O2 batteries.
8. Electrode–electrolyte interface in Li-Ion batteries: current understanding and new insights.
M. Gauthier, T. J. Carney, A. Grimaud, L. Giordano, N. Pour, H-H. Chang, D. P. Fenning, S. Lux, O. Paschos, C. Bauer, F. Maglia, S. Lupart, P. Lamp and Y. Shao-Horn, J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 6, 4653 (2015)
7. Very high surface capacity with Si negative electrodes embedded in copper foam as 3D current collector.
6. From Si wafers to cheap and efficient Si electrodes for Li-ion batteries.
5. Electrochemically roughened Cu current collector for Si-based electrode in Li-ion batteries.
D Reyter, S. Rousselot, D. Mazouzi, M. Gauthier, B. Lestriez, P. Moreau, D. Guyomard and L. Roué, J. Power Sources, 239, 308, (2013)
4. A low-cost and high-energy density Si-based negative electrode for Li-ion batteries.
3. Nanoscale compositional changes during first delithiation of Si negative electrodes.
2. New insights into the silicon-based electrode’s irreversibility along cycle life through simple gravimetric method.
D. Mazouzi, N. Delpuech, Y. Oumellal, M. Gauthier, M. Cerbelaud, P. Moreau, N. Dupré, J. Gaubicher, D. Guyomard, L. Roué and B. Lestriez, J. Power Sources, 220, 180, (2012)
1. Synthesis of boron-doped Si particles by ball milling and application in Li-ion batteries.