The studies of the LEDNA laboratory are focused on five main projects:
- Synthesis of various nanoparticles by laser pyrolysis (Si, Si@C, oxides, carbides,…),
- Synthesis of carbon nanostructures by CCVD (vertically aligned carbon nanotubes, graphene),
- Synthesis of gold nanoparticles for plasmonics
- Nanostructured electrocatalysts for oxygen reduction (fuel cells),
- Chemical sensors based on materials containing functionalized and size-controlled nanopores.
Finally, to address social issues on the risks associated with engineered nano-objects, the group has invested heavily in the study of the toxicological effects of nano-objects.