Unique Inorganic Nanostructures and Hybrids: Synthesis, Functionalities and Applications
Prof. S.H. Yu
Division of Nanomaterials & Chemistry, Hefei National Laboratory for Physical Sciences at Microscale, Schoolo of Chemistry and Materials, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei 230026, P. R. China Fax: +86 551 3603040, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thu, Oct. 16th 2008, 11:00
NIMBE Bât 125, p.157, CEA-Saclay
Controlled synthesis of nanostructures with unique shape, dimensionality, and complexity has attracted a lot of recent attention. Herein, we will report several facile synthetic protocols for one-pot controlled synthesis of several kinds of unique inorganic nanomaterials and hybrids under mild solution conditions, in which simple organic molecules, surfactant or low molecular weight polymers have been used. These unique nanostructures include conducting nanocables, magnetic nanorings, concaved polyhedrons, core-shell nanospheres, and new hybrid semiconducting nanobelts/nanowires etc. The key roles of additive/surfactant as well as the synergistic effects of growing nanostructure and an organic template have been studied. The properties of these unique nanostructures and their potential applications will be discussed.
(1) W. T. Yao, S. H. Yu, Adv. Funct. Mater. 2008, 18, online (Feature article).
(2) B. Hu, S. H. Yu, K. Wang, L. Liu, X. W. Xu, Dalton Trans. 2008, Perspective, online.
(3) S. H. Yu, Top. Curr. Chem. 2007, 271, 79-118.
(4) Y. J. Zhan, S. H. Yu, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2008, 130, 5650-5661.
(5) L. B. Luo, S. H. Yu, H. S. Qian, T. Zhou, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2005, 127, 2822-2823.
(6) M. J. Hu, Y. Lu, S. Zhang, S. R. Guo, B. Lin, M. Zhang, S. H. Yu, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2008, 130，11606-11607.
(7) H. W. Liang, S. Liu, J. Y. Gong, S. B. Wang, L. Wang, S. H. Yu, Adv. Mater. 2008, 20, in press.
(8) W. H. Xu, J. M. Song, L. Sun, J. L. Yang, W. P. Hu, Z. Y. Ji, S. H. Yu, Small 2008, 4, 888-893.
(9) J. M. Song, Y. J. Zhan, A. W. Xu, S. H. Yu, Langmuir 2007, 23, 7321-7327.
(10) S. R. Guo, J. Y. Gong, P. Jiang, M. Wu, S. H. Yu, Adv. Funct. Mater. 2008, 18, 872-879.
(11) Z. A. Zang, H. B. Yao, Y. X. Zhou, W. T. Yao, S. H. Yu, Chem. Mater. 2008, 20, 4749-4755.
(12) H. P. Cong, S. H. Yu, Adv. Funct. Mater. 2007, 17, 1814-1820.
(13) C. Y. Wu, S. H. Yu, M. Antonietti, Chem. Mater. 2006, 18, 3599-3601.
(14) J. Chen, C. Y. Wu, J. P. Tian, W. J. Li, S. H. Yu, and Y. C. Tian, Appl. Phys. Lett. 2008, 92, 233104-233106.