magneto-transport properties measurement system
Electrical transport properties measurement system under magnetic field made up of a double cryostat with liquid helium + liquid nitrogen.
This system (Quantum Design Company
) makes it possible to measure the electrical transport properties under magnetic field (R(T); R(H, T)) between [-7 Teslas; +7 Teslas] of monocrystals, thin films or magnetic multilayers in the range of temperature [1.9K; 400 K].
Specificities of the magneto-transport system :
- a longitudinal magnet of 7 Teslas.
- cryogenics: a dewar with liquid helium (68 liters) + a dewar with liquid nitrogen (48 liters).
- a primary pumping system.
- a continuous control of the temperature between [1.9 K; 400 K].
- a sample holder allowing to measure 3 samples simultaneously.
- a module of DC resistance in four probe configuration (range of resistance until approximately 4 megaohms).
- a software of data acquisition (Labview 6).
Image of the sample chamber.
The sample holder (diameter 8 mm), made up of 12 pins, makes it possible to measure simultaneously three samples (in 4 probe configuration). We currently develop another module of transport (via the interfacing of Keithley supply) allowing to work in a range of higher resistance.
Attachment setup of the sample holder in the sample chamber.
Last update : 07/19 2005 (497)