Spin chemical physics is what I'm interested in. My early interests were nuclear spin dynamics and thermodynamics in the solid state with emphasis to spin diffusion and cross polarization. The development of new methods based on scalar J couplings in order to provide assignment in the solid state was part of my PhD studies. Another aspect that I have been interested in is numerical optimization methods. My post-doctoral research interests were centered around the detection of high-resolution NMR in the presence of inhomogeneous and rotating magnetic fields. The goals of this work are to develop portable one-sided NMR and MRI systems. My current interests have to do with novel methods of detection using magnetic resonance.
(40) D. Sakellariou, G. Le Goff, J.-F. Jacquinot, "High-resolution, high-sensitivity NMR of nanolitre anisotropic samples by coil spinning", Nature, 447, 694-697 (2007).
(See also the Editor's summary on the subject and the News and views article : A. S. Edison & J. R. Long, "Spectroscopy: The magic of solenoids", Nature, 447, 646 (2007) ).
(39) R. C. Jachmann, D. R. Trease, L.-S. Bouchard, D. Sakellariou, R. W. Martin, R. D. Schlueter, T. F. Budinger and A. Pines, "Multipole shimming of permanent magnets using harmonic corrector rings", Rev. Sci. Instrum., 78, 035115 (2007).
(38) C. A. Meriles, D. Sakellariou and A. H. Trabesinger, "Theory of MRI in the presence of zero to low magnetic fields and tensor imaging field gradients", J. Magn. Reson., 182, 106-114 (2006).
(33) D. Sakellariou, J. -F. Jacquinot and T. Charpentier, "2D correlation spectra of isotropic and anisotropic 29Si chemical shifts in crystalline and amorphous natural abundance materials under very slow sample rotation", Chem. Phys. Lett., 411, 171 (2005).
(31) C. A. Meriles, D. Sakellariou, A. Trabesinger, V. Demas and A. Pines, "Zero- to low-field MRI with averaging of concomitant gradient fields", Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci., 102, 1840 (2005).
(30) D. Topgaard, R. W. Martin, D. Sakellariou, C. A. Meriles and A. Pines, "Shim pulses for NMR spectroscopy and imaging", Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci., 101, 17576 (2004).
(28) V. Demas, D. Sakellariou, C. A. Meriles, S. Han, J. Reimer and A. Pines, "Three-dimensional phase-encoded chemical shift MRI in the presence of inhomogeneous fields", Proc Nat. Acad. Sci., 101, 8845 (2004).
(21) D. Sakellariou, S. P. Brown, A. Lesage, S. Hediger, M. Bardet, C. A. Meriles, A. Pines and L. Emsley, "High-Resolution NMR Spectra of Disordered Solids", J. Am. Chem. Soc., 125, 4376 (2003).
(10) C. A. Meriles, D. Sakellariou, H. Heise, A. Moulé and A. Pines, "Approach to High-Resolution Ex-Situ NMR Spectroscopy", Science, 293, 82 (2001).