Request on the French neutron scattering instruments of "Federation Française de Neutronique - 2FDN" is now open at https://phoenix.cea.fr.
Submission of experiment proposals to the LLB instruments at Orphée and ILL (IN6) or the 4 French CRG at ILL (D1B, D23, IN12, IN22) is now open. The portal will stay open till March 29th at 23:59 French time. Beam time will be allocated for experiments to be performed in the second half of 2017.
To proceed, you have to create your account on our web portal. Once done, you have the possibility to prepare your proposals, store and edit them, duplicate them if requesting more than one instrument for the same proposal, and finally submit them. Once submitted, your proposal will change from the status of “Saved” to the status of “Submitted”.
Your experiment proposal will be made of 2 parts :
- some forms to give administrative information’s,
- Creating a new proposal, you may add 2 pdf files at the end of the form :
- a pdf file that contain the scientific description of your proposal, with a length of the order of one page. Everything is in English, but this scientific part could be submitted in French. You may use this template file .
- a second PDF file to upload some publications or reports of previous results (not mandatory).
- We have not yet been able to enter all local contacts in our application. If you want to have a particular one, please urge him to create his account in the portal.
- English might be not always very self-explanatory; sorry for that, we will improve it in the next version.
- This software being launched in real production today, we will certainly have to do some live updates to correct some bugs before March 29th; this could create some service interruptions of some minutes.
- The application is completely new and has been realized in a very short time. We tried to create a self-explained, easy to use interface. However, it did not yet go through a real user utilization. There will be certainly some difficulties. For this reason, if you expect to submit a proposal on our instruments, we suggest you to login on this page quite rapidly in order to have time to understand how it works.
- Contrat between LLB and ILL around IN6 is not yet signed. Beam time will be allocated only after the signature of the contract