The conference “Advances in Ultrafast Condensed Phase Physics”, will be held in Strasbourg, March 27th to April 2nd in the framework of the SPIE Photonics Europe 2020 congress. The submission deadline has been extended until next Sunday October 7th, and there are still many slots open for oral and poster contributions.
The conference aims at bringing together experts in the fields of :
• strong-field processes in condensed matter, including high-harmonic generation
• ultrafast electron dynamics in atomically thin materials and topological materials
• ultrafast electron dynamics in strongly correlated materials
• ultrafast dynamics of molecular systems in the condensed phase
• ultrafast magnetism and phase transitions
• lightwave-controlled electric currents in solids and nanoscale objects
• novel experimental and theoretical tools for ultrafast condensedmatter physics.
The list of invited speakers, to be confirmed, comprise among others, H. MERDJI (CEA-LIDYL), T. Tanaka (Kyoto), J. Ogilvie (Michigan), R. Huber (Regensburg), J. Biegert (Barcelona), and E. Collini (Padua).
The conference registration fees will be around 600€ for the full week. Needless to say that Strasbourg is a great city, and is always worth a visit in particular when linked with such an international meeting of highest scientific interest.